I hope your evening is going swimmingly. Mines been a little rough, but I’m trying to stay positive.
I can’t share the exciting news with you yet. The husband said he needs at least one more day. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be good to go tomorrow night.
I worked, and stayed late, again today, and by the time I got out I was exhausted. So exhausted in fact that I fell asleep around 6 and didn’t wake up until 8:30. To be honest, I probably could have slept through the night.
That means that I didn’t make dinner for the husband tonight. He’ll live I think.
I figured I’d start sharing with you guys our meal plan for the week. Considering that we just bought our first home, and I’m about to start grad school we are on a pretty tight budget these days. Because of that we plan out what our dinners are going to be in advance and then we shop for everything, except fresh produce, on one day. We’re only allowed to spend 100 bucks a week.
I know $100 sounds like a lot of money, but fresh, healthy food is quite expensive these days. And since I’d rather shell out the extra dough to keep the fridge stocked with fruits and veggies rather than chips and soda, we make it work.
I usually just make a list of about 7 meals, and buy the ingredients for all of those. I don’t like to choose a specific day for each meal, just because that way it doesn’t feel like every moment of our lives is regimented.
1. baked falafel pitas: I’ll be blogging this recipe.
2. whole wheat pasta, sauce, and homemade garlic bread
3. grilled sweet potato quesadillas with black bean salsa: also going to blog. I’m craving sweet potatoes like crazy.
4. black bean and veggie enchiladas from here
5. bulgur burgers and parsnip fries
6. tofu and veggie stir-fry with quinoa
7. homemade pizza with veggies on my half, and maybe meat on the husbands half? We’ve never made our own pizza before. So I’m sure this will be an adventure.
So there you have it. Now you know what we’ll be eating this week, but you don’t know on what day! See, there’s an element of surprise. You’ll just have to keep checking the blog to find out.
Check back tomorrow to see if we manage to stay on budget, and maybe I’ll be able to share my exciting news.
Questions for you:
Do you make a meal plan? How far out do you plan?